Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Adventures with the Farmington Crew!

We were able to get together with the Farmington crew a couple of times in September!  Brian and Chelsea wanted to go to the temple in Albuquerque, and they hoped to take Carol to do an endowment session  while they wee there.   As it turns out, Carol didn't feel up to it, so Brian and Chelsea went to the temple, and then dropped over to Carol's afterwards to celebrate her birthday with a piece of cake that Chelsea made!

We got to keep the kids with us!

Emily turned five just a few days before they came, so she unwrapped her birthday gift from us at our house!


The boys are pros at climbing the apple tree!


We had an amazing grape harvest this year!

We had a web worm web in the apple tree.  The dad cut it out, and burned it in the alley!

This is him cutting it out.

Sadly, the baby chicks that the kids played with during the summer were killed by a couple of dogs.  These are our replacement chicks.  They're already getting to the scraggly stage.

We went to the Farmer's Market.  This picture is out of place.  After the Farmer's Market, David, Peter and I walked home together.  Emily drove home with Grandad.  After they got home, they walked back to meet us!



David wanted to walk to the Farmer's Market, so Grandad and he walked down.  I drove Emily and Peter in the car, and we met them there.

I got these pictures out of order, but the boys and I walked home afterwards.


When Peter, Emily and I drove past Grandad and David, I stopped long enough to take a picture!  They looked really cute walking along together!

Brian and Chelsea took Birthday Cake to Carol!




After a day at the temple, we threw burgers on the grill and ate together before Brian and Chelsea headed back home with the kids.

Two weeks later, we went to Farmington for our grandkids' Primary Program.  On Saturday, we stopped by the temple.  It's really coming along!





Brian made us  delicious dinner of gyros sandwiches, but I didn't get any pictures.  You'll have to use your imagination here!


We walked over to the park to play!











It was a great weekend!








1 comment: