Chelsea's sister, Summer, got married in Sacramento, which is a LONG way from New Mexico. Brian and Chelsea wanted to go to the wedding, but they didn't really want to drag their kids all the way there. We were glad to take them, but the weekend was the same weekend as our Temple Shift. Chelsea asked Susan if she would be willing to come here to Gallup to watch the kids while we were at the temple. Susan was willing and able, so it worked out well.
 |
| I bought five new baby chicks right before the kids came over. I figured that the timing for that was just about perfect with the kids coming over. I was right. The kiddos spent a lot of time watching, holding, and playing with the baby chicks. |
 |
| We played a rousing game of Washos! |
 |
| Peter wanted to hold one of the hens, also. |
 |
| The kid picked up all the apples that fell from the apple trees. |
 |
| We made little banks out of Play Doh containers for them to put the money they earned from doing chores for Grandma! |
 |
| While Susan was here, Peter and Emily woke up really early, so Susan pulled them in bed with her to see if she could get them to fall back to sleep. Nope! |
 |
| We played a lot of "The Game of Life" while the kids were here. |
 |
| While Doug and I were gone, Susan took the kids to a movie. |
 |
| She also took the kids to the pool! |
 |
| And of course, they ate at McDonald's. |

 |
| Susan stayed a few extra days so she could be here for the dad's birthday! I got him this new shirt (He used to wear 2XX. This one is just L.)! Susan gave him a Celtic Knot Bolo tie. |
 |
| We don't eat much cake. The dad has a decorated focaccia bread for a birthday cake! Susan made it. It's a beaut! |
 |
| Here we are at the temple! |
Looks like a great time! LOL, Susan's face when the kids woke up is the face of someone resigned to their fate of being up a few hours earlier than planned and very much "on duty" instead of easing into the morning. I can relate! Not so much with my own kids but a couple times where I've watched others.
ReplyDeletePeter holding the hen!! Haha! Thanks again for helping us out with the kiddos. And Susan's bread/cake was definitely one to remember! So pretty!
ReplyDelete