The whole family was able to get together for Independence Day! I'm sure it's rough on folks being that crowded for sleeping, etc., but I love that it happens whenever it does.
Our Temple weekend just so happened to be the same weekend as the Independence Day Weekend. The dad and I took Emily and Erika with us to Albuquerque, and we hung out together while the Grandad was doing his first two sealer shifts on Friday.
Brian and Chelsea met us a the hotel. I took the kids while they went and did a sealing session with the Grandad at the temple. Then they came back an took Emily and Erika to sleep in their room at the hotel, because the dad and I had to be at the temple for our shift early the next morning.The next morning, Chelsea did some initaitories while Brian and the kids walked around the temple grounds. I got to be in initiatory while Chelsea was there, and I was at the Recommend Desk while Brian and the kids played around the fountain, and I could watch them from inside!
Brian and Chelsea took all the kids back to Gallup while the dad and I finished up at the temple.
We finished off the day with Lemon Ice Cream and Fireworks. Happy Independence Day, everyone!
![]() |
| Chelsea entertaining the crew. |
![]() |
| Brian fixed taco burgers for everyone for dinner! |
![]() |
| Getting ribs ready for Sunday Dinner |
![]() |
| On Monday, we put out a big piece of plastic so the kids could slip and slide on it! |
![]() |
| On Monday night, we had Mongolian Barbeque for dinner! |
![]() |
| Brian got up early on Independence Day and made Flag Waffles for everyone for breakfast! |
![]() |
| I'm not sure what day it is, but Chelsea and Amy got in a good workout! |
![]() |
| Hot Wheels with Grandad! |
![]() |
| The men-folk cooked a brisket on the grill! A little heaven on earth! |
![]() |
| It's not Independence Day without a parade! |
![]() |
| Getting ready to go play ball on the church lawn! |
![]() |
| I have no idea what this picture is, but I'm sure it's there's a good story there. |
![]() |
| Crushing ice for Italian Sodas! |
![]() |
| Family Picture time! |
![]() |
| The brisket was a delicious star of the show! |
We finished off the day with Lemon Ice Cream and Fireworks. Happy Independence Day, everyone!




























































.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


















No comments:
Post a Comment