Monday, June 13, 2022

School's Out for the Summer! Off to Phoenix!

 Last year I had a super-short summer, so I didn't get to do the whole Grandma thing as much as I wanted.  This year, I started in right away.  The first week of summer turned out to be a good week to have Eli, so because we have a hybrid car, I drove down all the way to Phoenix go get him to bring him back to our house for a few days.  

I just stuck the pictures in, and they came out exactly backwards and I don't know how to fix that, so I will live with it.

I stayed a couple of days in Phoenix, and then Eli and I headed back to Gallup for a few days.  After three days or so, the grandad, Eli and I headed back to Phoenix to take Eli back, and to to to Mikell and Merilee's sealing of their newly adopted sons in the Mesa Temple.  The pictures tell the story backwards.

With Jenny at Papa's house after the temple.  We did proxy sealings with Jay and Jenny after Mikell's and Merilee's sealing.
 
Picking citrus fruit with Papa and  Jay.




Eli listened to a Trout Fishing in America cd all the way from Phoenix to Gallup, and then again almost all the way back from Gallup to Phoenix.  He was an amazing traveler!

Riding the little bike in the driveway.



Eli and Grandad made this week's recipe from the 101 things to do with Refrigerator Bixcuits book!


Eli got ahold of my phone and had fun taking pictures.   Here are a few of his selfies..  He probably took over a hundred pictures.  Most weren't selfies.


He wanted to see our keychain collection.  



He remembered Italian Sodas and he wanted to get EVERY single bottle out to make them.  He got them all out hmself.

Gotta have wheelbarrow rides and Grandad's house!




Helping water the gardens.

Eli discovered he could get up and down in the apple tree all by himself.



Playing with Lucy.




This is a picture of the scorpion that stung Amy while we were in Phoenix.  This little rascal did quite a number on Amy for awyile.


While I was in Phoenix picking up Eli, we went to the Aquarium.  We gave the kids an Aquarium pass for their birthdays!






We spent the morning at a splash pad!  It was lots of fun until some bigger boys came and were playing too rough for all the little guys.




One day I'll get the hang of getting the pictures in in the right order.  Until then...













1 comment:

  1. Somehow I've never thought to look through your keychain collection, despite knowing you have one. I bet Micah and Erika would love to see too. Glad you had a fun time with Eli!

    ReplyDelete