Tuesday, February 9, 2021

"Primary Singing Time" and "Story Time with Grandma and Grandad!"

 I am the Primary Chorister in our Ward, and during the first long stretch of the COVID-19 pandemic time, I hadn't done anything at all with my calling because we didn't meet at church at all for several months, and then when we did start back, our ward was divided into four small groups just for Sacrament Meeting.  Now we are meeting together as a ward, but just for Sacrament Meeting.

In November I decided that I had used the pandemic as an excuse for not doing my calling long enough (well, that, and I didn't have the technology skills or knowledge  to do my calling online).  I called Steve, my personal technology trainer, and he patiently taught me online how to make videos and post them in an unlisted channel on youtube.  From there, I made a Gallup First Ward Singing Time Page on facebook, and started doing Singing Time that way.  I invited my children to the group so my grandchildren could join me for Singing Time.  (I actually think they may be the only ones who watch it, but that's okay.  I'm fulfilling my calling and loving my grandkids.)

Also, on Sunday evenings, we do story time with Grandma and Grandad.  Through a Zoom meeting, the grandad and I get together with our grandkids, read stories, and sing songs.  It's one of my favorite times of the weeks.

Here are some of the pictures our kids have sent of Singing Time and Story Time.  I've also received videos and Marco Polos, but I have no idea how to save those here.  This will be an onging blog. When I get pictures (or pilfer them from blogs), I'll keep posting them here.
















No comments:

Post a Comment