Wednesday, October 7, 2020

General Conference Weekend!

 Last April was the first General Conference Weekend in years that we weren't able to spend the time with Brian, Chelsea, and their troop.  I think that's why it was all the sweeter having them here with us this October.  It just plain seemed right!

Usually the grandad sharpens all our knives during Conference.  With all the little hands that could reach up and get cut, we decided puzzles were a better option.  We did a lot of puzzles--all of us except Emily.





There's a reason for me holding up a couple of cans of Underwood Deviled Ham.  A couple of days earlier at school, I swear I smelled Deviled Ham Sandwiches like my mom used to make.  I hadn't seen Deviled Ham in years!  Michelle Ferguson went to the grocery store, and she found some Deviled Ham, and she bought me a couple of cans.  We made the sandwiches between Conference sessions on Saturday, and we took pictures to send to Michelle.

I sent her both of these pictures.  I told her they were even better than I remembered.  Only I realized I sent the text with the pictures to Cody instead of Michelle.  I got laughing so hard I could hardly contain myself!




Grandad made pancakes with whipped cream!

I gave Emily a big old pile of just whipped cream!  You should have seen her eyes when she saw the pile!



The boys buried their sleeping dad!

This puzzle was easy and a blast to put together.  I don't ever put together puzzles more than once, but I think this time I just may make an exception.

Lucy Girl!

This year's ornament!  It's a  cinnamon stick reindeer!




The whole weekend went entirely too fast.  I'm so grateful that we were able to spend the time with the Farmington branch of the family.  The next week, the governor cut us down to gatherings of five or less, so we're glad, glad, glad that we had the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment