Monday, September 16, 2019

Emily Barbara Decker has Arrived!

Our sweet new granddaughter, Emily Barbara Decker, arrived safe and sound on Sept. 7 in the wee early morning hours!  She is a beaut, I tell you!

I went to Farmington on Thursday morning.  Chelsea had been having mild contractions for a couple of days at that point, so I figured she must be getting pretty exhausted by that time, so I went to help out.  After I got there, she mopped the floors, made lasagne...  She was a bundle of energy!  This was the welcome I got from Peter.  I think he hugged me for a full ten minutes or more.  It was great!  Grandad has all the other grandbabies, (Erika's still too young to tell), but Peter, is mine!

Eating pizza for dinner!

On Friday, we went to the Children's Museum.  It's a really cute place!


We read books...

...and books!  We played and had a fun day.  That afternoon, Chelsea went to her doctor and got her membranes stripped.  That really turned up the heat.  That night, I slept with the boys in their room, because I figured Brian and Chelsea would be leaving for the hospital.  I didn't want the boys waking up and not able to find their parents.

I got this picture in the middle of the night.

And a little later, I got this picture!
I brought some Chocolate Milk straws (the straws that have the chocolate in them, and you suck milk through them) when I came to Farmington, and I told the boys that they would have them when their parents went to the hospital.  When David woke up in the morning, and I told him that his parents were at the hospital, and that Emily had arrived safe and sound, he said, "Grandma, you know those chocolate straw things.  Do you remember that you said we could have them when they went to the hospital?"

So the very first thing, we celebrated Emily's birth by drinking through the special straws!



I also brought notebooks and crayon to use while Brian and Chelsea were at the hospital.

The boys wanted to use those right away, as well!

Brian came and got us and took us to the hospital so the boys could meet their baby sister for the first time!

I feel very lucky to be able to have been their to see their little family all together for the first time!


I got to hold Baby Emily, too!


Baby Emily and her parents came home from the hospital on Sunday.  Since it was Stake Conference for them, I decided not to take the boys to church.  We watched Church videos and read scripture stories and listened to Primary Songs instead.

Their whole family is home!


It was National Grandparents Day!  How's that for good timing!

I love this picture.  Look at the little hand on Emily's tiny head!

Peter wanted her to start trying on bows right away!  I think she looks like Aunt Jemimah in this one!



Here she is on the quilt I made for her.  She looks so tiny!

Bath Time!





1 comment: