Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I Love Thanksgiving Time!

I love, love, love Thanksgiving Time!  I love it when family gets together and there is lots of food!  I love our newest tradition of taking everyone to the temple with us when we do our temple shift!  This year was no exception.

Everyone came home for Thanksgiving this year except Steve, Angela and Micah.  They had just returned from a trip to Thailand.  They are getting ready to welcome baby Erica to the world in the next month, and traveling for Angela is not a good idea right now.  We sure missed them, though.
This is our newest Thanksgiving decoration!  Thanks, Amy!

When Cody and Amy got here, we took a walk to the Country Courthouse to surprise the grandad!  It was a happy surprise!


I love this picture!

Happy Baby's first Thanksgiving!

Auntie and Eli

Yay!  Toys and Grandma's house!  Peter loved, loved loved the aphabet magnets  (eating them, that is)!

Getting ready to make pocket pies!


We all had pecan pie for breakfast on Thanksgiving!




Then we walked off that pecan pie we had for breakfast on Thanksgiving!




Grandad and David are bosom buddies!


This is how Petey Pie spent Thanksgivng Dinner time.



I love how David is looking at his hero in this picture!









Santa Claus came for a visit!




















The only thing that would have made these pictures better would be to have Micah in them, too!

 Friday morning, we put up the outside lights.  (I say we, but really, I just took care of grandboys!) Then that afternoon, we took off for Albuquerque.  It was our Temple Shift weekend.  Brian, Chelsea and Susan left a couple of hours earlier than the rest of us so they could do a session on Friday afternoon.  The dad and I drove their boys over when we went.  (They slept the whole way there.)


That evening, we all went to Burger King for dinner!










Then we all stayed the night in a hotel.  The dad and I got up early to do our shift.  Amy and Cody did an endowment session, Chelsea did baptisms, and Susan did initiatories!

Peter wants Grandad!





After our time at the temple, we went over to Carol's and Marks house for lunch.  We brought sandwich fixings, and had turkey sandwiches!












The grandad made a hat for Eli!
Now I can't wait until Christmas when we can spend more time together!


3 comments:

  1. That picture of all of us on a walk... David's face is sooo cute! You captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, traveling would have been majorly uncomfortable, plus I got awfully sick during that time and nobody wanted that (and we were able to miss what Peter got too), and we were still jet-lagged on top of it. Woof. I'm excited to see you when you meet Erika!

    ReplyDelete