I love Independence Day. I always have! It's one of my favorite days of the year. I loved it when I was a child growing up. I loved it when we had all our kids living at home, and I love it now that our crew has grown up! This year didn't disappoint me one bit. It was a good day! (I also want to add that I love being able to snag pictures from other people's blogs! I updated my blog after theirs were posted!)
 |
| We broke out the Washoos! The dad added two new colors of washers this year! |
 |
| Brian skunked us all! |
 |
| Guess who lost... again. |
 |
| The dad wasn't too far behind Brian. |
 |
| David was really cute. He only wanted to use 3 washers. |
 |
| We tried playing Bocce, but we all (women-folk) kept getting distrated, so we didn't actually even finish a game. |
 |
| David is showing Susan how to play "Oh, Rats!" He took liberties with the rules at first. |
 |
| Lots of swinging at Grandma's house! |
 |
| I love this picture! |
 |
| We pulled out our kids' Play-Doh toys. I can't even remember the last time these toys were used. |
 |
| The ribs are ready! (They were delicious. I think Susan ate 10 of them.) |
 |
| Peter's first rib bone. He liked it! |
 |
| A good time to update teir family picture! |
 |
| Grandma bought all her grandboys Independence Day outfits! David and Peter are sporting their new duds! |
 |
| Steve, Angela and Micah celebrated Independence Day in Provo. Here's Micah wearing his new duds! |
 |
| This is Eli in the 0-3 month outfit I got for him. Clearly it is still to big. He can celebrate sometime, maybe in September. |
 |
| Since his matching clothes didn't fit yet, he celbrated by being swaddled in this patriotic blankie! |
 |
| Amy and Eli at home watching 1776! Amy said Cody watched it for the first time this year. Yay, Cody! |
 |
| Our Independence Day parade! |
 |
| Brian giving Peter his first tastes of Lemon Ice Cream during the fireworks! |
 |
| It was delicious! |
 |
| Susan was the Pyrotechnic this year! |
 |
Getting ready to shoot off fireworks in the driveway. It was actually darker than it looks here.
|
 |
David loved the firework show!
|
 |
| Brian left to go back to work on Thursday early in the morning. The girls all went geocaching in the Vanderwagen area. |
 |
| Don't you love the name of the road? |
 |
| I didn't actually find this one, but Chelsea wanted me in one of the pictures. |
 |
| This was a really cool one! David got to pull this one out! |
 |
| We had lots of fun in the sandbox (sandtent?). |
 |
| Playing with the Waffle Village! |
 |
| More fun with Oh, Rats! |
 |
| We did some backyard fishing. I forgot to take pictures of the rest of us fishing. |
 |
| Brian got back Friday afternoon. Boy, was Peter happy to see his Daddy! |
 |
| We played some Frisbee Golf. We used actual Frisbee brand discs, and they really did work better! |
 |
| Sleeping babies are precious! |
 |
| "The Spoiler" is giving Peter some tastes of Root Beer Bars! |
 |
We played Clue! Chelsea won both games. Notice the big grin!
|
 |
| We ate lots of Root Beer Bars. (I love Root Beer Bars!) |
 |
| I bought this baby jail from the Sanchez's Yard Sale to keep Petey Pie from eating the grass. Clearly I didn't think it through very well. He ate the Baby Jail, and then he knocked it over and escaped! |
 |
| Susan and I went to the Bike Park and replaced the full log on the geocache there. |
 |
| Lots of swinging for the boys! |
 |
| We went and replaced the geocache at the train station! |
 |
| Susan and I went to see The Wizard of Oz on the big screen at The El Morro. Wow! It totally made a huge difference in the colors, etc. |
 |
| The Dad made us delicious Dutch Babies for breakfast! |
 |
| This is Baby Eli chilling while we were video chatting with his mama! |
 |
| We hiked the Quaking Aspen Trail in McGaffee. Can you see the little tadpoles in the water? |
 |
| After Susan left to go back to Las Vegas, we went to La Mantanita Coop. We were looking for Kimchi and Kefir. As we left, we entered a drawing that would take place during the Arts Crawl that night. We went to the Arts Crawl, and when we got home... |
 |
| ...we got a phone call saying we won the drawing!n We went back and claimed our prize! |
In the captionless picture, we were at the bike park replacing the log for you geocache.
ReplyDelete