Monday, May 28, 2018

End of the 2017-18 School Year and Memorial Day Weekend!

This has been one of the best school years I've had in a long time.  I had a really easy bunch of kids to teach!  That doesn't mean they were all brain surgeons, by any means, but I didn't have any huge behavior problems.  Next year I will not have that luxury.


Our hiking group from Red Rock hiked to the top of Pyramid Peak for our last adventure of the year!
We're going to start it up again first thing when school starts again next year!




We had Field Day on the last day of school.  That was a good day for it!





I was pooped by the time Field Day was over!


We have three great-nephews graduating this year!  They are all Rhonda's grandsons!







Right after I got out of school, we headed over to Albuquerque for our Temple Weekend!  We found three geocaches on a walk from our hotel.


This one we had looked for before, but it was too dark to find it.  By the time we got to this one this time, it was almost too dark to find it as well, but as we were about to leave, I spotted it under a rock!
My mom asked me to cross-stitch this for her for a Relief Society program clear back when I was pregnant with Brian.  She had it matted and framed.  I've never really liked the matting for our house.  After we got the green room painted, it really looked bad, so we had it rematted.  I think it looks good, now.

On Memorial Day morning, we went to the Memorial Day 5K race that benefits the Manuelito Chidren's home.  We usually go when we're home on Memorial Day.

Of course, we walked.  We had a pleasant hike on hiking trails over behind the Sports Complex.

When they were announcing the winners in the different categories, we burst out laughing when the dad came in third for the Old Geezer division.  We didn't run a single step!
The three Old Grog winners.

The dad and his major award!
We had the McMullins over for dinner one last time tonight.  I miss Heather, and they haven't even left quite yet.  We've been partners in crime for over 18 years now.  But I think it will be a good thing for their family.  I really do.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Daddy on winning third in the old grog division!

    ReplyDelete