Saturday, December 23, 2017

"Twas the A Few Days Before Christmas!

On Food TV, there's a show called "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."  Each episode has a different theme.  Celebrity chefs showcase the best thing they ever ate in that category.  We watched the  "kid food" episode, and the chef talked about the Frito Pie from the Five and Dime on the plaza in Santa Fe.  It sounded delicious, so we've made it ourselves a few times.  But on the Thursday before Christmas, the dad was in Santa Fe, so he went to the Five and Dime and had a real, actual one from the place that invented them!

It was about $6, and the dad said it was good, but that ours was maybe even a little better.  Clearly we can make it cheaper!

This was as much for the adventure as it was for the food!

On the Friday before Winter Break, the dad did his Santa routine with my kiddos at school.  Ie was adoreable, and they loved him, as usual!  (This is Tate, our bishop's kid.  I asked his mom it it was okay if I put this on our blog, since only family can see it anyway.


That night, we went in to Albuquerque for our temple shift the next day.  We went to the River of Lights at the Botanical Park.  It was totally amazing.  I never saw so may lights in my entire life!




On Saturday, after our temple shift, we headed for home.  Susan was heading for home at the same time!  That night, we made our traditional Decker fruitcake.  Everyone held onto the spoon!

I'm pretty sure this was the best batch of fruitcake yet.  It was certainly the prettiest!


1 comment:

  1. Here's our River of light post

    http://brianandchelseadecker.blogspot.com/2013/12/river-of-lights.html?m=1

    It was fun to compare the 2!

    ReplyDelete