Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving in Gallup!

We had a typical Thanksgiving time at our house this year!  I love Thanksgiving!  I love the cooking.  I love the food.  I love the time off from school.  But most of all, I love our family!  Any time we can get together with family is a good time!  Amy and Cody spent Thanksgiving with Cody's family this year.  We missed them, but I'm sure they had a good time with the Stringam's.
I was really excited!  I have the whole Thanksgiving week off, and Steve and Angela were able to come for the whole week!  Susan was out of school, too, so she was there for the whole week as well!   This is how I spent a whole bunch of my time!

The grandad had fun, too!


Brian and Chelsea came over on Tuesday afternoon.  Auntie Angela got to meet Peter for the first time!


David and Micah are doing better together all the time!  Cousins are great!

David was "making soup."

Micah love playing with cars, and Grandad!

The pocket pie crew!

Playing Connect Four, Santa style!


The boys loved playing "waffles!"  It was a little tricky making both boys content with the sharing bit, but we figure it out.

Lots of game-playing!


Brian dug out the rest of our garden veggies.  The carrots were delicious.  We haven't eaten the beets yet.

We saw a lot of this during the week.

Auntie Carol meets Peter.

The feast begins!  Micah, Grandad, Susan

Susan, Carol, Mark

Brian, David, Chelsea

Angela, Steve, Micah

Peter (He slept through the whole thing.)
I took this one off of Susan's blog.  She's the queen of getting everyone into one shot!

Playing more games.

Grandad's even fun when he's asleep!

We had our Temple Day on Saturday, so on Friday night, we all got hotel rooms and went over to Albuquerque.  On Friday night, the dad and Brian went over to the temple and did some baptisms.  (Steve forgot his church clothes, so he and Angela went shopping.) While the grandad and I served in the temple, Brian and Chelsea did initiatories.  Steve and Angela did sealings.  Susan and the boys all hung out!
Here we are outside the temple!
Susan and her charges.

Afterwards, we all went out to a Chinese Buffet.
Steve found all the gross-looking stuff, and he ate it!



Angela brought train ornaments for the boys to paint!


Playing in the leaves while we were checking out our Christmas lights!






It was a good week!  Holy cow, the house seemed quiet after everybody left!  We changed a few sheets, and went to church.  Then it was back to live as usual!

1 comment: