Thursday, May 25, 2017

While Susan Was Home!

While Susan was home, we went and took in an Isotopes game. in Albuquerque.  We were in town for our temple service weekend.   Of course, we had to have a hot dog.  That's what you do at a ball game!  (I think I look a lot like Carol in this picture!)

This is just a cute picture Brian sent me.

This is a picture of us at Mac's Steak-in-the-Rough.  When I was a kid  Marie Heaton, Mom and all of the Heaton and Jones kids would get take-out at Mac's often.  I haven't had it for many, many years.  There used to be several of them in Albuquerque, but now there is just this one.  Even though I was really sick, this was a treat and it tasted delicious!  It's
littlechicken-fried steak fingers that you dip in white gravy.  Heaven in a box!
We decided that we needed to go on a hike.  We went up to McGaffey when the dad got off of work.  We stopped at Alicia's, and Susan bought us burritos for dinner,  (She had been having a major craving for Alicia's carne adovada burritos), and we headed off!



While we were there, we found a couple of geocaches!


American Gothic!






This is the other geocache we found.

McGaffey Lake has water in it again!  It has been bone dry for probably five or six years.  The Fish and Game Department even has stocked it again!

It was a quick, practically unplanned adventure, but we really had a fun evening in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment