Thursday, June 29, 2017

A Trip to Taos--Home By Way of Farmington!

The dad had his annual NMAC Conference in Taos this year.  Because it is summer and I am out of school, I was able to go with him this time.  As it tuned out, at the end of the week it was our temple shift in the Albuquerque temple, and then Sunday night, there was a Temple Devotional for Albuquerque temple workers in Farmington, so we just made one big circle, and were gone for nearly the entire week.  We took off the day after I got back from the trip to American Fork!  I feel like quite the traveler!


The day we checked in, we drove out to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge.  It's about 10 miles NW of Taos.

You can't tell from the pictures, but over the river itself, the dropoff is HUGE!



In fact, at every outlook point on the bridge, (which by the way, is a LONG bridge as well as a HIGH bridge), there were special suicide hotline phones that people could call if they felt desparate.

I think I look pretty brave under the circumstances.







This is how I spent most of my time.  I also went walking around the plaza one morning.


Amy introduced us to the "All Trails" app.  We found this trail there.  It's called the "Ponce de Leon Hot Springs Trail."


It's an unmarked trail through what seems to be private property, and it leads to a Hot Spring Bath area.  The bath area was quite old and run down, but there were several people there soaking and swimming in it, so we didn't take pictures there.  This is an older part of it down below the cement ponds.






We found this geocache by a little church in Taos.



Another geocache in Taos.

We went through Santa Fe on the way to Albuquerque and found a geocache there.

On Saturday, after our temple shift, we went to Farmington.  On Saturday night, Brian took us to see "Shrek, The Musical."  It was at an outdoor amphatheater in Farmington.  Chelsea stayed home with David.  It was too long and too late for him to make it.  She is planning on seeing it with the Vosses when they come to Farmington to see it.


The donkey was the daughter of the friend of Brian's that took our picture.  We didn't want to leave an empty hole.

Meanwhile, on Saturday, Steve, Angela and Micah participated in the Children's Independence Day Parade in Provo.

I loved that Provo tradition.

Clearly the cutest participant!
On Sunday morning before church, David helped me make the dough for our Sunday Dinner rolls.  We had a spiral ham the night before, so we made the rolls for ham sandwiches for Sunday!


Playing with the man!

The Temple Workers' Devotional was wonderful!  Each of the members of the Temple Presidency and their wives spoke, and there were three beautiful musical numbers, and refreshments.  We were wll-fed spiritually, for sure!

1 comment: