Well, today was the day we have been dreading. It was time to say our final farewell to the Silverleaf Maple trees in the backyard. Our children have loved those trees. They all spent many hours playing in their branches, in their shade, on swings they held...
Sadly, the trees were dying, and it was time to have them taken out. A couple of guys from Holiday Nursery came out and took care of the job. They are coming back tomorrow to cut the stumps way down but most of the job is done. The trees have been chopped and the debris has been hauled off.
The next day.....
 |
| So, I came home from school the next day, and this is all I found. I am missing them as I type. |
 |
| Even while they were dying, they were beautiful trees. |
 |
When Steve came home for Christmas, he went out and stood on the stump of his tree. A big part of his childhood was gone.
|
It looks so bare!
ReplyDelete