Tuesday, August 26, 2014

As Our Lives Plod Forward...

I haven't blogged for awhile.  I think the beginning of the school year has taken over all my time for right now.  However, we're getting in a routine now, and I have a minute or two to breathe.  I'm glad we took a few pictures along the way.

On Saturday, we blanched A LOT of kale to put in the freezer for smoothies!  All of our calciferous crops (kale, cabbage, kohlrabi, broccoli) were attacked by thousands and thousands of aphids this year.  Next year, we're not going to plant any of those in hopes of not giving the aphids any host plants, and sending them on their way.

So far, we've packaged about 25 packets of kale.

Susan turned 19!  She wanted brownies with ice cream for her birthday cake this year!

The missionaries joined us for dinner that night.

She wanted a rice cooker for college for her birthday.  In addition to that, she got Animaniacs 4th season, and Shrek, The Musical!

Susan and I went to the United Services Blood Drive on Thursday.

I think this just might be my new favorite flower.  It's called the Butterfly Plant.

Again, we are the victims of clever Infomercial advertising.  For our 32nd Anniversary, we ordered, The Aero Cart.  it is an amazing wheelbarrow that does lots of other fun things!  I wanted to get a new wheelbarrow for the dad anyway.  This is amazing!

We also ordered "Pop Goes the 70s" from an infomercial.  We watched the informercial four or five times before we succumbed.  But succumbed, we did!  This Time/Life set is different than the other one we have.  I will have to say that it is much better.  It has "Julie, Do you Love Me?" and "Billy, Don't Be a Hero," just to name a couple of them!  Susan is afraid that after she leaves, we will never be able to pass up another informercial again.  (However, she seems to be enjoying the cds as much as we do!)

The dad also gave me a set of rubber practice fishing bobs.  We had two sets of missionaries over for dinner on our Wedding Anniversary, but after they left we got in a little relaxing driveway fishing to end the day!

I finished the quilt I made for Susan to take to school.  It certainly turned out brighter than I anticipated, but I think she likes it anyway!



1 comment:

  1. I see you're taking a liking to my "this picture is totally not posed" face! :) I like it!

    ReplyDelete