Monday, July 14, 2014

Chelsea's Visit!

After the Independence Day weekend, Chelsea stayed here with us for a week, and Brian went back home to work.  It was a very nice week.  I'm glad that she stayed!

One of the things Chelsea wanted to do this week was have a "jamming" session.  She wanted to make jam!  We planted two new current bushes this year back by the rabbit hutch, and we actually got a few currents this year.  When I say "few," I mean just that.  Chelsea picked the ripe currents to add to our jam.

Here is our entire crop!

We made peach cherry preserves with a hint of currents.

Filling the jars.

Now the jam is finished with the hot water bath.  It's finished!

We took in the cans we had been picking up when we are out walking.  We had sixty pounds of cans--$30 to add to our jar!

Since we painted a lot of the interior of the house, we thought the wood cabinets in the kitchen and the bathroom could use a bit of spiffying up!

On Friday afternoon, we took Chelsea back to Farmington.  We were excited to see their new apartment.

Farmington has a Frisbee Golf course on the top of a huge rock.  We went to play on Saturday morning.  It was a new experience for us.  As you can guess, because of our athletic prowess, we weren't very good at it, but it sure was fun!

This is one of the golf holes.  They were all like this.

There were signs at each of the holes showing where the tee off spots were, and where the holes were.  You can see the hole for this one way back in the distance.  It's the little orange flag.

I had a special knack for landing my frisbee in the bushes.

We were pooped, so we sat down on a  bench in the shade for a bit.

Susan's favorite part was climbing rocks.
The Amazing Frisbee Champions!

We went by Brian's office.  His name is on the door!  He's all growed up!

Brian outside his office.

We went to the Animas river and went on a river walk.  Beside me is a butterfly plant, which I think just may be my new favorite flower.  I've planted two of them at our house.

On the River Walk!


This is a charming bridge that crosses the river!

Ain't we adoreable.

On the bridge.  The Animas River is a tributary that pours into the San Juan.  We haven't seen the San Juan yet.

So I'm not sure if this is a good story, or a sad one.  On Sunday afternoon after our trip to Farmington, the dad noticed that one of the keys to the truck was missing.  It had a paper tag on it with truck info, so he knew it wasn't the one he usually uses.  I remembered I used it when Chelsea and I went to turn in the aluminum cans.  I thought, I hung it up on the key rack, but it wasn't there.   I searched and searched and searched for that thing.  While I was searching, I noticed that the key to the Toyota was missing.  After church on Sunday (Susan drove out to Wingate after her church and joined us for RS and a potluck after the block), I got the key to the Toyota from Susan so I could take my bag out of the trunk.  It was missing from the key rack, as well.  In just one weekend, I lost two of the expensive kind of key that has a programmable chip in it.  I looked and looked and looked for the keys.  The dad and Susan looked and looked and looked.  Talk about major frustration!

Finally I knelt down and prayed for help thinking and remembering where I could have put the keys.  (I kind of hate to bother Heavenly Father with that kind of thing too often when in the grand scheme of things, losing those keys was not really a big deal.  After all, we had a second key to both vehicles.)  As soon as I stood up, I glanced up at my necklace rack, which is right beside the key rack.  (We had all checked the key rack, and the tie rack right beneath the necklace rack a jillion times.)   There were both keys hanging on the necklace rack.  Talk about a tender mercy!  The dad was sitting in his chair in the bedroom while I prayed, and when I found the keys.  He said, "You better get right back down on those knees!"  I did.  Heavenly Father truly does know each of us and our needs.

Why it may be be a sad story--Is this what early Alzheimer's is like?

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool story! I love answers to prayer like that!

    ReplyDelete