Monday, June 16, 2014

We Should Have Named Her Grace!

So I got a call this afternoon from Karl Lohmann telling me that Susan biffed it on her bicycle today while working with the Bike Mobile at the Bike Park.  He said that he thought I ought to come get her, because she needed medical attention.  Needless to say, I got right over to the bike park, and found my baby girl with blood all over, still a bit dazed from her fall.  I guess she was going down a big hill, and she crashed.  It's REALLY windy today.  It's quite possible a gust could have contributed to her "downfall."

You can't really get the feel of all the blood from this picture.  She was a mess.  She has a gash straight across her nose.

This is in the ER getting the wound cleaned out.  Because the gash was straight with no jagged edges, they just glued it together.  The doctor said it would leave a little scar, but she was lucky that it was a clean cut.

On the way home. we stopped by the Courthouse.  Susan needed a little lovin' from her Dad.

3 comments:

  1. Is it ironic that Susan's shirt has the word "blood" on it? :D That kind of made me laugh! I feel sorry for that poor girl! ER is NO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor girl! I've crashed on a bike twice but never that bad. :(
    Thanks for pointing out the shirt, Chelsea - I missed it before, but that is funny. I wonder if they had her wear it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (After getting more of the story from Steve) Good thing she was wearing a helmet! I hope the accident didn't scare off any of the Bikemobile kids from riding bikes :P

    ReplyDelete