Monday, February 3, 2014

Superbowl Weekend and Groundhog's Day!

It was Super Bowl Weekend!  We spent the weekend scurrying around and preparing ourselves for the big day... NOT!



We did make a great dinner of Super Bowl tailgate food, though.  It was Groundhog's Day, so of course, as tradition dictates, we celebrated with ground hog.  It was tasty and delicious, and it probably tasted even better without football.  I will have to admit, we are fair-weather football fans.  We have no interest in NFL football unless a member of the Church is a starting player.  We love BYU football... when BYU is having a winning season.  Now post-season baseball is a different story.

Our Groundhog's Day Super Bowl fare-- a Sausage Pepper and Onion  sandwich with sweet potato fries, tossed salad, strawberries and root beer!

It was delicious!
The rest of the weekend was a little blah.  I'm not complaining, though.  Sometimes "blah" is just what I need.  We had a bit of snow (Hooray!), so it was cold and bleak outside.  We just stayed in by the fire all day.  The Dad was sick, so he spent most of the day on the couch, which is the special bed of the sick.

Susan finished her quilt this week!  She did a great job!  I'm ready for her to start a new one.   She isn't so ready.

This is checking to see if her new quilt works or not.  It does!

Saturday seemed like a good day to start our seedlings.  We looked back at our blog from last year to see when we started the seedlings, and decided to start them a few weeks earlier.  The planties were pretty small when we transplanted them to the garden last year.

After the seedings are a couple of inches tall, I'll transplant them to separate cups.

Now they're on the heat pad under the plant light.  Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment