This past week has been a busy, but good one. Monday was Memorial Day, which is always a pleasant day. Then I had to work three more days (without the kids) to make up for the Snow Days. That was pleasant, too. Friday was my first day of Summer Break! The dad had a "use-it-or-lose-it" vacation day. It was wonderful to spend the day together!
On Saturday, we got the rest of the garden in. I didn't take any pictures because nothing new has started to grow yet.
I was just thinking... We started out with a garden on the side of the driveway, and the garden plot where the rabbit and turtles live. That was it for several years. Now we have two gardens between our house and the not Herrera's house; we have the one where the swingset was; we have the one where the sandbox was; we have one outside the fence by where the swingset was; we have one in the alley by Herrera's house; and this year, the dad added a little plot by Herrera's wall in the front.
 |
| Picking our first broccoli of the year. We didn't actually know that we planted broccoli. The plants that we bought said "Cabbabe." We were wondering why the cabbage wasn't getting a head. Then one day we saw broccoli flowers growing, and the mystery was solved. |
 |
| Susan started YCC work this week. This is Susan on Tuesday, her first day, before work in the morning--fresh as a daisy! |
 |
| This is Susan after work on Friday--feeling somewhat wilted. |
 |
| I am qulting the last few stitches of my quilt! I started this one in September or October. The pattern was a facebook mystery quilt. Each week for six or eight weeks, instructions were posted, but never a picture of what the quilt would look like. The instructions called for light, medium and dark scraps in warm colors. I finished the top a long time ago, but I finally put in the last few stitiches of quilting last night. Now I need to work on a quilt for Marissa's baby. |
 |
| Here it is. It's a throw quilt size. |
 |
| On Saturday, the dad and I went to a Senior Citizen volunteer recognition banquet. All the men got straw safari helmets, as it was a jungle theme. Susan took the dad's hat and girlied it up a bit. It's pretty cute now! (She was also cutting getting a Cocoa Flan cake out of the pan while the dad took the picture. Those cakes are amazing!) |
 |
| The finished hat... and the cake! |
No comments:
Post a Comment