Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

It has been a good Father's Day for me, and I think that it has been a good Father's Day for the Dads in our lives.  I called my dad this morning.  Your dad called Papa this afternoon.  Brian and Steven both called Dad for Father's Day.  We have been blessed with some wonderful men in our lives.

The Primary Presidency was in charge of putting together the Father's Day gifts for the fathers at church today.  I made 50 of these, and we wound up with 19 of them left over.  As you can see, we had a small turnout at church today.

Last night for dinner, we made foil dinners.   We were going to cook them in the fire pit, but it got windy and rainy (Hooray!), so we wound up cooking them on the grill  insteady. 

We got Dad a Kindle Fire HD for Father's Day.  We thought it would be nice with all his traveling.  I think he likes it.  In fact, he's spent the whole afternoon fiddling with that thing trying to figure it all out.

Dad downloaded the LDS Church Library from Kindle.  Oh, look!  Now he can watch Johnny Lingo any time he wants!

We made Dad a Seafood Sensations Sandwich for Father's Day Dinner.  It was delicious!  Here is Dad talking to Steve on the phone.  He was one happy Dad when his boys called just to talk to him!

1 comment:

  1. My dad got himself a tablet for business travel too and really likes it.

    ReplyDelete