Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another Not-particularly Eventful Week... This is Getting to be a Habit!

We had another pretty ordinary week.  I guess that's good.



At school, we had two short field trips this week.  Mrs. Ferguson had a little girl in her class whose dad is the manager at Home Depot, and he invited the first graders at Red Rock to come to Home Depot for a field trip.  It was fun.  The folks there went out of their ways to make it nice for us.  since there were three classes, we had three separate stations.  We built bird houses at one station.  We painted tiles for trivets at one station, and we planted flower seeds at another.  They had popcorn and juice for each of the kids as well.  We did our thing, and then we were back at school again before lunch.  I know I'm not supposted to post pictures of the kiddos on the internet without parental permission, so these are a couple I could post.

We also went on a field trip to a Pumpkin Patch.... sort of.  We don't have any pumpkin patches nearby that I know of, but this year the Grace Bible Church brought in a pumpkin patch for classes and families to come to.  It was really nice.  They read a new Max Lucado book that I hadn't heard before about an acorn and an oak tree.  They gave the kids color books about growing pumpkins which was the parable of the sower in disguise.  They also gave the kids popcorn and juice.  They gave each kid a copy of a class picture, and as we boarded the bus, each kid got a jack-o-lantern cookie (and an invite to AWANA, their version of Primary).  Grace Bible Church is the one on Boulder kind of behind Rollie Mortuary. It's right next to where Annie Walker Park used to be.

On Saturday, we went to the temple in Albuquerque.  We had a nice session.  One of the followers in the session was named Marion Maloy.  After the session, we went and talked with him for a few minutes and found out that Grandad Maloy and his father are first cousins.  We also found out that Marion Maloy's daughter lives here in Gallup.  Her husband was just made bishop of the second ward.  It's a small world within the Church.

I discovered I'm not good at taking pictures of myself.  I look cranky and ornery.  I wasn't feeling cranky and ornery, though.

We at at a new Chinese Buffet in Albuquerque after we went to the temple.  It was really good.  It had those delidious Beany Balls that I love!

This is susan eating an Octapus tentacle.  She didn't particularly care for the ugly looking tentacles, but she ate it.  I... did not!

After we went out to eat, we went over and visited Grandpa for awhile.  He still looks good.  I forgot to take my camera in to take a picture of him, though.

And that's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment