Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Couple of Things...

The Gallup Quilt Club ladies are making quilts for Quilts of Valor--Thank you quilts to military folk who have served in the wars.  I just finished another quilt top this week.  There's a lady in our quilt club who does all the quilting for the Quilts of Valor quilts because she has a big computerized machine that kind of does it by itself.  I'll bind it when I get it back.  I'll probably bind others as well.  I actually like binding quilts.

This is my quilt top.  One lady in the quilt club cut out the pieces for 100 blocks and put them in baggies.  Then different ladies took those kits home and sewed the blocks.  We took them back to the next quilt club, and then those who were willing took home 15 blocks each to make into a quilt top any way we wanted to put them together.  This is what I came up with.  The backing will be the same stuff as the outside border.  (I found a really good deal on that fabric on the Internet.)  I will probably wind up binding about four of them.)


 
We had our class Halloween Party and Fall Fest this past Friday.  We had the Trunk or Treat at church on Wednesday.  On Thursday we had a RS activity where we decorated Halloween Cookies and took them to sisters who needed a little boost.  It's been a busy week.  Next week isn't looking much more relaxed just yet.

I forgot to ask the parents that came to the party at school if I could post their kiddos pictures on my blog, so this is the best I could do.  I think the kids had fun.

Susan deleted the pictures I took of just her decorating cookies for our RS activity.  She was leaning forward, and she discovered that her shirt is awfully low cut, especially when she leans forward--undershirts with this one from now on.

Some of Susan's cookies.

Super Saturday is coming up in November.  One of our mini classes is making homemade lip balm.  Suzu and I tried it out today.  It works great!  She's going to teach that class for me!  (In our ward, we always include the Laurels in our extra Relief Society activities.  I'm glad.  Suzu always comes with me!

1 comment: