Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Christmas Quilt Stuff ...or, My First Blog Post Without Any Help

I am having fun being a real "quilter."  I like to work on quilting projects in those brief moments when I have spare time.  With family responsiblities, church responsibilities, and work responsibilities, there isn't a whole lot of that spare time, so I relish the moments when I can listen to an audiobook and quilt away.  Since it's Christmas time, I decided to post a few pictures of some of my Christmas projects.  That way, I can see if I can post pictures without any help.

I made this table topper and the little quiltie on the little rack this year.  I can change the little quiltie on the rack with the change in holidays or seasons.  So far, I have made a fall quiltie, a poinsetta quiltie, and a snowman quiltie.

Doug made me this quilt rack for Christmas this year!  It's wonderful!  (So is he!)  He made it and put it up while I was gone to a Relief Society Super Saturday last November.  I took a Grand Slam Quilt class at the quilt shop.  The Santa Claus part in the middle is a panel.  The rest of it is pieced.  I hand-quilted it because I love to hand-quilt!

The caption button didn't pop up for this picture, so I'll just comment on in right here in the text.  I made this quilt last year.  The pattern is called "Wild Card."  Doug made the cool quilt rack.  Note the cute Kermit next to it.  Carlos Gonzales, a boy in my class, gave it to me for Christmas this year.  Our whole school went to see the new Muppet Movie, and he knew I loved the Muppets.  It looks cute hanging out with our other Christmas toys.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Mama! Your first on your own post is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete