Sunday, June 1, 2025

April and May 2025

April was halfway over before I realized that I hadn't yet blogged, so I decided to do April and May together.  Not the best idea.  I have a bunch pictures that I can't find now.  So this won't be a very long blog.






Brian, Chelsea, David, Peter and Emily came for General Conference.  I love that tradition!  I took lots of pictures, and these are the only ones I could find now.  I went to Chelsea's blog to see if I could swipe some from her, but I couldn't find any on her blog, either.





We have big eggs.  The egg on the left is the size of egg we usually get, which would probably be a jumbo in the stores.  One day, we got the egg on the right.  Holy cow!

The first mowing of the season.  We had  dry, dry winter, and a lot of the grass area died back,

Celebrating Cinco de Mayo at school.  That's Poyer, my Intern.

Michelle gave me these for Mother's Day!

Getting the garden plots ready.

We heard that burning the plot before planting gets rid of a lot of squash bugs and fungus for the year.





Dry packing nuts.

The dad made me a delicious chicken-fried steak Mother's Day dinner.




Poyer graduated!  Our class gave him a graduation party!  I bought the Elephant and Piggie set for him, and the kids each wrote a letter to him inside the front cover.  He's going to be teaching Pre-K next year.

They started tearing down the old building.

The five of us have been here at Red Rock for 20+ years.  We wanted to get a picture before they tore it down.






This is Polo Resendez.  He's the guy who keeps the whole school together!

We went to Farmington for the Saturday before Memorial Day.  This is the Healing Fields.  There is a flag for each of the San Juan County veterans or first responders who died in the line of duty.




We had a delicious cookout complete with corn-on-the-cob and bratwurst!

I realize this isn't much for two whole months.  I'll have to figure out what happened to the other pictures I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment