Sunday, May 5, 2024

April in Gallup

 It's April.  We've had lots of windy days, lots of rainy days, lots of cloudy days, and a few absolutely gorgeous days!  It's a typical Gallup Spring!

The dad saved some seeds from an artichoke flower last fall so he could try propagating more artichoke plants around the yard.

He also buried a bunch of them in strategic places outside.  The ones he planted outside grew.  It looks like we are going to have artichoke plants like crazy!

Laura Montoya, the NM State Treasurer came to Gallup.  She wanted to read a book to a classroom, and I was lucky enough to be he teacher of that classroom.

The guy sitting on the chair beside her is the McKinley Count Fire Chief, who just so happens to be her brother.  He came along and read a story with her!



The kids had a great time with her.  Each child made a thank-you card and drew a picture of her on the front.  She looked at, read and commented on every single card while she was there.  The kids were thrilled!

Another cookbook, another recipe.  It hasn't even been that long, and I don't remember what this is.  I think it was good, though.

Sourdough bread -- I've been teaching Michelle Ferguson how to make it.

Our new electric assist bicycles. 

They really help with the steep hills here in our part of town.




Another recipe book--Corned Beef Brisket in the Instant Pot.


Our dirt area in the front yard was like a field of tulips!


Another recipe I can't identify.


We took the first grade classes on a Field Trip to the Navajo Nation Zoo in April.


It was a fun day for the kids!  These area all my girls.  I'm way heavy on the boys this year.

We had a little time before we needed to be at the temple for the dad's first Friday shift, so we did a little geocaching!




April sure went by quickly this year.  Let's see what May will bring!

1 comment:

  1. That corned beef recipe looks good! And we have that recipe book so we'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete