Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Micah Was Baptized! We Made a Quick Weekend Trip to American For the Baptism!





The grandad and I both took off work on Friday so we would be able to make it to American Fork for Micah's baptism on Saturday.  We left Thursday after work and we spent the night in Moab.  Every time we drive through Monticello, we stop at the temple.

On Friday afternoon, Angela and Erika came with us to the Orem Temple Open House!  We're waiting in line for the Shuttle Bus to take us over to the temple!


On the bus!



Here we are by "the sign."
















It's a beautiful temple!  It's a lot more colorful inside than most.  It  has a cherry blossom motif that even carries to the entry way carpets.  The stained glass windows are cherry trees covered with blossoms.






Racing to get ready for bed!





On Saturday morning, the day of the baptism, we got up early and went to the Timpanogos Temple.


It was our job to pick up Mary for the baptism, but the morning of the baptism, she didn't feel well, so we went over and visited with her for a while.  She gave me my grandmother's wedding dress, because she didn't want it to just get thrown out after she passes on.


It's almost time!






Micah opening up his baptism gifts.


I had Angela dress up in my grandma's wedding dress.  The Daily Herald did a spread about my grandmother (Beatrice Maeser Michell) wearing her wedding dress on I think her 80th birthday.  Angela is posing similar to the way Grandma was posed in the pictures.





I asked Steve to put some shoes on so we could snap a few of the two of them together like wedding pictures.  Steve came out all dressed up in his black suit.  I told him I didn't think that was the right coat for the pictures.  I asked him to wear THIS coat.



Steve had mentioned that the one thing he hoped Mary would give to him one day was Karl G. Maeser's coat.  It has been in the family for a LONG time.   While we were visiting with her, I asked her what she was going to do with his coat.  She said she didn't know.  She wanted it to stay in the area.  I told her that Steve loved the coat, and that was the one thing that he hoped she would leave to him.  She gave it to us right then. This is Steve seeing the coat as he was taking off his own suitcoat.



When Karl G. Maeser lived, they had to stand still for a long time while the shutter was open, so we don't know of any pictures of him where he was smiling.  Maybe he never really smiled, who knows!


I like the smiling picture!

This is the statue that Steve is posing like.




We looked up pictures of my dad's parents online, and this is how they posed for their wedding pictures




Micah made this at school, and he wrote a story about it below the art work.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment