Friday, December 23, 2022

December 2022

December was a whirlwind month, and a fairly busy one out our house, but I wasn't the best at taking pictures.  I've got to step that up a notch.
We weren't anywhere a Giving Machine was this year.  Last year we were in Las Vegas for Susan's and Christian's wedding, and we got bitten by the giving machine bug...

...so we wanted to participate again this year...


...so we gave each of our families that live hear a giving machine money, and we were able to use the Giving Machines vicariously through them!  It was still a rush!

I
Santa came to our class for Christmas.  

The kids each wrote a letter to Santa earlier in the week.

When he came to our class, I read Santa the letters from the children (I happen to be proficient in reading first grader), and he read Santa's reply.  We had to stop that tradition the last couple of years because of Covid restrictions.  It was great to start this one up again!




Brian gave me a start from a plant he has in his office.  Mine is growing like crazy!  It's quite a bit bigger than this now.

Decorating Christmas cookies made with monkfruit sweetener.  I wouldn't recommend this for the deliciousness of the cookies, but it was fun to make and decorate them together.  (We didn't even eat all the cookies.  The chickens celebrated, though. 

Making latkes to celebrate Hanukah.



We met our goal for the year.  Each week we made one recipe from of our 101 Things to Do With... books.  This is our last one...Apple Crisp!



1 comment:

  1. That's too bad your monkfruit sweetener cookies weren't good. I made cornbread with it recently and it was just as delicous and sweet. Was it your usual recipe or a did you use a new one? If new, maybe it was a dud.

    ReplyDelete