Sunday, February 6, 2022

January 2022 - The New Year Begins!

 We actually had a fairly quiet and not terribly eventful January, so this will be a shorter post.  Januarys are just kind of bleak and blah around here.

We had a pretty good snow while Steve and Angela were still here.  Steve went outside and shoveled A LOT of snow from the driveway.  I didn't even realize that was what he was doing.  He came in for a break, and I told him we have a snow blower.  Here he is finishing up the job!  It was great having our driveway cleared!
There was still a lot of snow on our first day back to school from Winter Break!  I really love my class this year!


We did a puzzle in cold, bleak January!


Our New Year's Resolution this year is to use all our 101 Uses for... recipe books, and make at least one recipe a week from a different book each week.  Our first one was from 101 Ways to use a Sheet Pan.  We forgot to take pictures of that one.  Here we have Fried Mozarella Sticks from the cheese volume.

The dad got this cast iron accessory set for Chritmas.  (He bought it and I gave it to him.)

This is broccoli soup from 101 Things to do with a Blender

Carleen's son, Danny, had a cook chicken feeder made of PVC pipe that we saw while we were visiting.  The dad made some for us!

I dont know if I wrote about our neighbor's dogs killing our chickens or not.  Well, they did, so our neighbor got us new chickens.  This is our first egg from our first chicken.  Sadly, I dropped it.  I picked it up off the floor and ate it anyway.  Clearly at least one of our chickens is at least part banty, because we get a nice, tiny banty egg every day.  Two of our full-sized chickens have started to lay now, too.








We made a burger with fried green chile on it.  We saw it on a segment about Rosewell on FoodTV.

It was good, but we really like regular green chile on our cheese burgers better.


No comments:

Post a Comment