Sunday, October 3, 2021

September in Gallup!

 It's hard to believe another September has come and gone.  Holy cow, does the time ever fly!  Here are the things we remembered to take pictures of.

I had an appointment in Albuquerque at at ENT because of my dry-mouth.  The dad took the day off to go with me, so we went to town early and went geocaching in the neighborhood I grew up in.  This is the home I grew up in - 3412 Anderson Ave. SE.  I loved that home.  It was a wonderful place to grow up.  It looks very different now than when I lived there.
..
We found a geocache outside the cemetery where my parents are buried.  I sure do miss them!
This cute little turtle bench is at the Ernie Pyle Branch Library not far from my house.  I spent many happy hours there as I was growing up!









We picked a bunch of Prickly Pear Tunas at a lot across the street from the house I grew up in, and we made Prickly Pear Jelly!

We had a lot of grapes on our vines this year.  We !bottled several pints of grape juice
The dad went on a business trip to Las Vegas for a SHERM Conference.  The weekend he was gone, I went over to Farmington to stay with Brian, Chelsea and crew for the weekend.
 









While I was there, I got a call from Ron and Cindy Wiser.  They were in Farmington for some Coordinating Council Meetings.  They didn't even know I was there!  I was staying with the kids while Brian and Chelsea went on a date.  I invited them over, and they came to visit for about an hour!  It was great to see them again!



Our September recipe from our NM Food Calendar was stuffed Sopapillas!


No comments:

Post a Comment