The month of June was different for us this year. I was still in school for the entire month because of our district's poor planning in scheduling this year. I took the last week of school off so we could go on a trip to Arizona and Nevada that we had planned long before the district changed the calendar. Because of Covid-19 restrictions, we hadn't been able to go to Arizona for well over a year! I was thankful that I had a great assistant, Roxie Singer. She took my place so I didn't even have to leave lesson plans!
 |
| Grandad is reading a story for Story Time Online... |
 |
| ...with our grandkids! |
We went on a week-long trip down to Mesa, Phoenix, and then up to Las Vegas at the end of June. Our first stop was spending Friday night and Saturday with Papa and Carlene in Mesa. We had a great visit. We visited, too, with Jeff and Elizabeth, and then we all went to lunch together. I completely forgot to take any pictures. I'm sad about that.
 |
| We did go on a walk and picked up another geocache in Mesa--our one Mesa picture! |
The next leg of the trip was a visit to see Amy's and Cody's family in Phoenix!
 |
| Amy was wondering why the bananas always seemed to have a bite out of the bottom! |
 |
| Eli turned three while we were there. Here is his truck birthday cake! That boy is one truck-loving kid! |
 |
| Grandad spent a lot of time playing chase with his grandboys! |
 |
| Getting ready for church on Sunday morning! |
 |
| Smiley Calvin! |
 |
| Both boys wanted to go Trity-trot at the same time! |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Eli! He's three now! |
 |
| We sang and danced to "Happy Birthday, Happy Happy Birthday...." When we got to the part, "Do we have a birthday here?" Eli asked the questions! It was adorable. I bet we did it ten or fifteen times! He called it his "parade." |
The last leg of the trip was Las Vegas. The dad had a conference there, so I went to hang out with Susan. We also got to meet Christian. We like him. The pictures here are out of order. Oh, well.
 |
| On the way out of town, we went by the temple and walked around for awhile. |
 |
| We put "Go Home" in the GPS. It took us out of town on a road we had never been on before. It turns out, it took us right through Lake Mead National Park! We wound up having to pay a $25 toll just to drive though the park. Since we had to pay anyway, we stopped and took a few pictures. |
 |
| We stopped in Flagstaff and did some geocaching on the way home. |
 |
| Susan and I went to IKEA. I love that place! The cafeteria was open once again after COVID. We had Swedish Meatballs, of course. |
 |
| Susan and Christian got on the Kissing Cam at the ball game! |
 |
| Susan's sweetheart is Christian Roberts. He got is tickets to a Las Vegas Fifty-Ones Minor League baseball game! It was a pleasant, over-cast evening. |
 |
| Right after we got back from Las Vegas, we turned around and went to Albuquerque for a couple of days. The dad had a training, and I spent a couple of days helping Carol clean up some of her hoarding mess. I found this geocache while I was waiting to pick up the dad after one of the sessions. |
The banana bottoms! 😂
ReplyDelete