We were originally going to be able to see all our children and grandchildren during the holidays this year, but alas, you know what they say about the best laid plans. We did see half of our children, and one of our grandchildren, so it was still a good Christmas break for us!
 |
| "Grandma, we are on our way to your house!" |
 |
| Stopping for a rest break in Holbrook! |
 |
| Grandma is getting more excited by the minute to see her grandboy! |
 |
| Eli is helping Grandma to wrap presents! |
 |
| He is a big help! |
 |
| Carol and Mark came over for Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day! We had a wonderful day with them! |
 |
| Opening presents! |
 |
| Poor little guy had his first bad cold while he was here, and he was pretty stuffed-up. You can kind of see it in his face here. He was exhausted from getting his sinuses sucked out over and over because he had a nose full of booggies. |
|
 |
| Ready to play the Wrapping Paper Game! |
 |
| Mark got Carol and I Christmas glasses! |
 |
| Eli was not amused. |
 |
| Our Christmas Eve dinner of Black Forest Ham, potato salad, bean salad and rolls. |
 |
| "Santa came!" |
 |
"Look! He ate his cookies and drank his Metamucil!"
|
 |
| Eli got toothpaste and a toothbrush in his stocking! |
 |
| Lots of fruit! |
 |
| I'm glad Susan had a good day on Christmas! The next day, she spent most of the day puking into the toilet bowl, and was sickish for the next two days. |
 |
| An elephant from Thailand! |
 |
| The grandad had a bolo tie and a pin made for Amy and Cody. The coin company he used for Brian and Chelsea, and Steven and Angela, for their bolo ties and necklaces was no longer in business, so he had these made from bumblebee jaspar and had pins of the Phoenix Temple put on them. |
 |
| Helping Grandad! |
 |
| We're not getting old! |
 |
| This is my Christmas gift this year. It's a treadmill. I like it a lot, especially now that Heather's gone and I'm just not motivated to go exercise by myself. I can watch movies while I walk! |
 |
| Cody got Amy some pens and paper for lettering! |
 |
| This little guy just plain felt rotton. Sad Grandma. |
 |
This year I had everyone make their own blog books. Yay! It has always been a huge stress for me. Amy brought hers so I could see it! I love it!
 |
| We went on a walk while the Grandad took a nap. He had a cold, too, and wasn't feeling well. We had a house full of sickies! (I caught the cold a few days later. Boo.) |
|
 |
| This is the first year that our Christmas Cactus has bloomed at Christmas time! Usually it blooms at Easter and Halloween! |
 |
| After Christmas, we had a big snow! |
 |
| Blueberry syrup from Brian and Chelsea on my pancakes! |
 |
| Eli had a cute little love-affair with Susan! Even when they were both sick, when they looked at each other, Eli would just grin and grin! So would Susan! |
 |
| This is a few days later when Susan was feeling better, and was probably not apt to give the crud to Eli! |
I was sad we weren't able to Brian, Chelsea, David and Peter during the holidays. Sickness and weather blew that for us. I was also sad we weren't able to go see Steve, Angela, Micah and Erica either. I want to meet that little one! The change in the County Commission, and the weather kept that from happening as well.
I can't wait for you to meet Erika either! Bummer about the weather. Sorry you all were sick too! That's no good. Eli is so cute in that picture of him and Cody in the snow (and some others too, but that one stood out!).
ReplyDeleteI was super bummed that we weren't able to come down. That 3 day window we had just didn't work with all you sickies. Thanks for all the pictures! Makes me feel less left out.
ReplyDelete