Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August Tidbits

School began in August, and pretty much that has taken up most of my extra time, but here are a few tidbits of the month.
Got our chile all roasted and ready to freeze!

While we were waiting for the chile to steam, we ate some peaches from our own tree!

I hadn't been to a rodeo since I was a small girl, so we had VIP passes to Ceremonial.  We went to the rodeo.  It was so much fun!  I can't wait to go to another one!

This is the team calf-roping.

Gotta have roasted corn!

A tasty and delicious Navajo burger!

We got home, and it was time to peel the chile!

Just one of the several bunches of grapes from our vine!

The chile is packaged and ready to freeze!

That night, we went to the Arts Crawl downtown.  For the second month in a row, we won the basket from La Montanita Coop!

For Family Home Evening, we made Peach Pie Filling from Palisade, CO peaches,

We were supposed to use Cook-type Clear Jel.  I thought we had some, but we only had the instant kind.  You don't use the same proportions of the instant and cook-types.  We had one ton of the mixture left over.


I hope that wrong kind of Clear Jel doesn't affect the finished product!

We finally went to go the the geocache that is by the water tank near GHS.  We followed the parking directions on the cache description, and we came to a raine we coulodn't cross because of running water.  We hiked for a couple of miles round trip back to the car and looked for another way to the tower.  We found an access road that was gate locked.  We climbed the gate and headed on up.  Notice the dark clouds starting to gather in the background?

We climbed to the top of the hill, found the cache, and then it started to rain torrentially, and thunder and lightening was all around us.  We were pretty scared as we ran the mile or so down the muddy, slick road to the car.l

Once we were safe in the car, we started laughing like crazy!  It was really fun once we were out of harm's way.


A group of us from work go hiking after school on Wednesdays.

This is just cute, so I stuck it in !

Two our our four new hens are laying now--the Americana, and the Barred Plymouth Rock!

We stopped on our way home from the temple to get a geocache on our 36th Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary to us!  We also went out to dinner with Carol and Mark, but I forgot to take picctures.

We made Bipenbap for Sunday Dinner.

It turned out great! (Annelise Dew joined us for dinner!)

Another picture just becaue it's cute!

I love our new principal.  Her name is Tara Udeh!

Another week hiking!

1 comment: