Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Presidents' Day Weekend!

We took a weekend trip down to Mesa for Presidents' Day this year.  It was a quick, short trip, but it was a good one.  We went down to see Dad and Carlene.  And then Amy's friends gave her a bridal shower on Saturday.  She was so cute!  I'm sure excited for her!  She and Cody will do well together!

Carlene and I drove over to Peoria for the shower.  It was pouring rain!  I texted the dad back in Mesa to let him know we made it through the white-knuckling rain storm on the busy freeway.  I sent him this picture to let him know we made it.  He said the wall hanging in the background made Amy look like the princess that she is!  I agree!

Amy and Carlene

Auntie Jo came!

Amy and Auntie Jo (Joanne Colledge, my mom's sister)

Amy's friends that gave her the shower.

Isn't she a cute bride-to-be!


Lingerie from her future mother-in-law

Meanwhile, back at Papa's house...

The picking of the citrus


Carlene had these left up on her wall from Christmas.  (Ornament idea.)

We went on a geocaching walk in the rain.  The day before, there wasn't any water in this little park.  With all the rain, not only was there a little pond, but ducks were swimming in it!

This was a fun one!  I think we may have to steal this idea!





I got home and found these birthday flowers waiting for me on our porch.  They are from "The Missouri Family."

This is a text I got from Steve and Angela while we were in Mesa.  In the car, I decided to delete some of my text messages I had accumulated.  Somehow I got rid of them all in one little push of the button.  I'm glad I had already downloaded this one.  I had planned on downloading other pictures in my texts, but alas.  Gone with a push of the button.

No comments:

Post a Comment