Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Time!

Santa and his elf came to visit my class at school.  Only about half the kids were there that day because it was a half-day, and our party was the day before.

Susan made "a cornbread."


I made some baked beans in the oven.  I followed the recipe exactly, and the beans were still underdone after I baked them three hours longer than the recipe indicated.  We ate them anyway (two nights because the recipe made a lot of beans).  Holy cow!  I've never had gas as bad as the gas from those underdone beans!  And I'm not the only one.  The three of us were rootin' and tootin' to beat the band!


More of the wrapping paper game!


This is what Susan left out for Santa this year.  I'm sure he appreciated the Metamucil after all those cookies!


We did a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle!

Oh, wait!  It was only 999 pieces.  One of the pieces was missing.  We looked everywhere and couldn't find it.  It still hasn't turned up.  Boo.

Anyone can make gingerbread houses.  We decided to make  meat and cheese houses this year!  We started out by using whipping cream cartons as molds, and  Auntie Rhonda's cheese ball recipe for the filling!
Building the houses!
They were more fun to build than gingerbread houses, too!

The finished product!





We made homemade Chicken in a Biscuit crackers to eat with the houses!

The dad and I performed "Deck the Halls," on teh bells and chimes at our ward's Christmas Talent Show.
Look what Susan got for Christmas!  Once again, I am a pushover for an Infomercial!

It wouldn't be Christmas without a new jar of Vicks!

My grandsons got to play together at Steve's and Angela's house during the holidays!

These are actual snowflakes that landed on Susan's coat!  Aren't they gorgeous?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment