We had a good Thanksgiving this year. Brian and Chelsea were here, and Carol and Mark came over and brought Grandpa for Thanksgiving Dinner. I think Grandpa was sorry he came. He wanted to eat dinner and go home, but Carol and Mark, of course, wanted to stay and visit for awhile.
 |
| We sort of celebrated Brian's birthday while they were here. His birthday present was a Bar Review course, so we didn't actually do anything near his birthday. The pie had one candle on it, and Brian had a very hard time blowing it out. |
 |
| We are all laughing at his amazing blowing abilities. |
 |
| Making turkey sugar cookies is one of Chelsea's family's traditions, so she made some for us. |
 |
| We are making the mincemeat pocket pies. |
 |
| Susan made the green bean casserole. She looked at the recipe and said it called for one can of green beans, so I had her double it. She accidentally added milk for a triple batch instead of a double batch, so I said to go ahead and triple it. When she had the stuff all mixed together, it looked like cream of green bean soup, so I looked at the recipe, and each batch called for TWO cans of green beans instead of one. She had to add three more cans of green beans. It was hilarious! We still have an untouched green bean casserole in the refrigerator ready to go! |
 |
| We had carrots from our garden in the feast. |
 |
| Susan and Dad preparing the turkey for the rotisserie. |
 |
| Perfect! |
 |
| Susan and Grandpa. He will be 90 on his next birthday. |
 |
| Your dad and I just don't pose well for pictures. The feast begins. |
 |
| As always, the day after Thanksgiving we put up the Christmas decorations! |
 |
| Susan and Chelsea are fixing the count-down calendar. |
 |
| For dinner, we had our annual Turkey Dinner Leftover Pizza. Amy, we sure are glad you invented that one! |
 |
| It's Hanukkah! We celebrated by having latka tortilla bowls for breakfast! |
 |
| We worked all day on Friday, so Saturday was game day! (Not football, obviously.) |
 |
| We are making the matso ball soup for Hanukkah dinner! |
 |
| It was tasty and delicious! |
 |
| Then, of course, we played the dreidel game. (Spell check tells me I spelled that wrong, but it didn't offer me any better options, so there you go.) |
I think that picture of you and Doug "not posing well" is a great shot!!
ReplyDelete