Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gallup Family History Fair

On Saturday, we had our annual Gallup Family History Fair.  Since we are now Family History Consultants, we got to help out with the fair this time.  Last time we were just participants.  We're still new at this, so we learned a lot along the way, as well.

Dad taught the, "It Starts With A Story," class.  It was on the importance of keeping family stories alive, and how to add them to Family Tree.  It also showed folks how to add pictures to Family Tree.  He taught the class twice.  (Notice he's wearing two bolo ties--that was a "story.")

My job was preparing and serving the lunch.  We had Taco Salad.  I think if I had to decide if I were more like Mary or Martha, it would definitely be Martha.




We did a display table at the fair.  On the table is that picture of all your grandparents and great-grandparents that we hang in the hallway, along with a few other things.  On the board, we put up headstone rubbings.  We also draped one of my grandma's quilts over one end, but that didn't make it to the picture.

Susan and Ashley Haws were in charge of the Registration Table.  After the initial rush, they spent most of the day sitting and talking about Benedict Cumberbatch and Dr. Who.  (You can see my grandma's quilt in the background right behind Susan's head.)


1 comment:

  1. Who's Mary and Martha? Oh... wait, scripture story, right? I was thinking Martha Stuart, but I couldn't figure out who Mary was. Ok... got it now! :)

    ReplyDelete